[Noisebridge-discuss] membership dues via employer matching funds?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Thu Aug 20 23:40:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Christie Dudley<longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another interesting thing... often employers will match, or completely pay
> for dues in professional organizations.  Would someone be able to logically
> make that argument?

Hell yes. This is an organization largely composed of professionals
(albeit all sorts of different ones, mostly hackish naetheless) and
that regularly does what the biz calls "continuing education".

Given its trivial cost vs the more formal stuff I think it's a total
steal as far as what employers get out of having employees @ NB vs
attending some other shtick on a regular basis.

- Sai