[Noisebridge-discuss] membership dues via employer matching funds?

dpc weasel at meer.net
Thu Aug 20 23:41:50 UTC 2009

Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> writes:

> Another interesting thing... often employers will match, or completely pay
> for dues in professional organizations.

w/o the emplyer match (if you're itemizing) these dues are tax deductable.

> Would someone be able to logically make that argument?

i tried to count my bike as a 'commuting vehicle' expense when i was
working for myself. the cost per mile computation was a little weird
though.

\p
---
The software design moral: Everything is shit and will attempt to kill
you when you're not looking. - Matthew Garrett