[Noisebridge-discuss] membership dues via employer matching funds?

Andreas von Hessling vonhessling at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 01:18:48 UTC 2009

Tax deductible or not, I think the primary question is whether people
with employer-match on hand can find a win-win situation with regards
to NB.  They can access free money from their employers, and they like
NB.  Thus, how can NB make it attractive for those individuals to give
them the cash?  NB needs $$ for the move to Mission street, yes?

If a person makes a $10.000 donation, would you consider waiving his
membership dues for a year?  $2000 donation?  $1000?

Suggestion:  if a member makes a donation exceeding one year in
membership dues (> $960), waive his membership dues for a year. That'd
help solve some short-term cash flow problems. Plus, it'd be very
attractive for people who get free money to donate to NB, because they
would pay only as little as 50 cents on the dollar.

I guess the real question is whether we are legally allowed to
implement such a "big-donation-waives-dues" program.  Who is qualified
to answer this question?

Andy