[Noisebridge-discuss] Refurbished Roomba 530s on w00t.com for $130

ian ian at sonic.net
Wed Aug 26 19:26:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:47 AM, Crutcher Dunnavant<crutcher at gmail.com> wrote:
> The idea of getting some roombas for the new space was floated earlier. I
> just saw that today on woot.com they have a pretty good deal. What do people
> think?

IME, the Roombas I've used have been great for cleaning when I'm not
around.  I'd never let them run when I was home since they're
irritatingly loud.

Since there are people at NB basically 24/7, it seems unlikely the
Roomba could ever do its job without annoying someone.

A regular human-operated vaccum is loud too, but for much less time.
On balance, a human has to operate it...

-Ian