[Noisebridge-discuss] Searching for parts

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:42:17 UTC 2009

I played around with this last year and I came up with some interesting
things:

- I tried it with PC muffin fans, which work "OK".  I'd definitely go for
something bigger, although I like how quiet these things are.

- 100% Cotton towels make awesome wicking things.  The meshy dishtowels I
think would be best for air flow.  They are available 3 for $1 at any dollar
store. I couldn't get my putzy little fans to dry them out.

- The batteries that are taken out of UPSs during servicing are the best
cheap solution for this sort of application, so long as you don't get too
big a fan.  Anyone SAs here know any UPSes that are due for their
annual/semi-annual servicing?

Christie
---
Pigs can fly given sufficient thrust.