[Noisebridge-discuss] [Build] 2169 shrine

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Aug 27 23:59:45 UTC 2009

I don't want it because it is a religious object, which I feel has no
place at Noisebridge.  Even if it's Cute and Historical and Adds
Character.  Noisebridge ought to be entirely orthogonal to religion;
having a shrine is either promoting or disrespecting (of course in a
totally cute and funny way, those wacky Chinese, gosh that's neat!) some
religion or other.  We should do neither.

That said, I care about this issue about as much as I care about most
detail, which is, enough to mention it but not enough to insist.

That is all.

Rachel