[Noisebridge-discuss] crackerdojo.com?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:47:26 UTC 2009

I got an email from David, the founder of Hacker Dojo, saying that he and others at Hacker Dojo felt hurt by a website that is being hosted on Pony:

http://www.crackerdojo.com/

I hadn't heard about it till I saw David's email.  I checked it out, and don't see anything but a poorly formatted version of the HackerDojo website.  So, it seems that someone took down the other stuff.  Whatever it was, it doesn't seem to have caused anything useful.

Personally, I never understood rivalry (not even as a little kid).  Maybe the original site for crackerdojo was funny.  But if it was at the expense of others, then was that cool?  Having not seen it, I can only go by the hurt feelings that I clearly heard from David.

Hackerspaces have a lot to gain by collaborating.  As I travel the world, I foster this collaboration at hackerspaces everywhere.  It is one of the things that I think is totally awesome about the community at large that we are creating (In fact, I'm here in Singapore at the moment to be on a panel about this!).

I'm not sure what function the crackerdojo site is currently serving.  It is merely a poor copy of the hackerdojo site.  Is it worth keeping up on Pony?

Mitch.