[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting / 2009-12-15

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 08:55:29 UTC 2009

20:44

  Meeting begins. Andy leads.

20:45

  New people: Dave, Colin, Phoenix.

20:46

  Andy tells us what Noisebridge is. Consensus, &c. Ben reminds
  us of excellence. Andy seconds excellence, and also adds
  respect for one another. Much preamble and then Andy states
  the One Rule:

  "Be excellent to each other, dudes."

  Someone seems to have stolen the excellence poster.

20:48

  Membership binder. No one is up for membership, we don't
  think. Ozzie gets a checkmark and we move on.

20:49

  Events at Noisebridge. Circuit hacking, Python Mondays,
  Project Euler and others. We mention that shop day is
  suspended as the shop is being made, in Seth's words,
  "shop-shape".

20:55

  Project updates are discussed. Noisebridge itself is the most
  significant project at present. There is also a library and a
  kitchen.

  We'd like heat because it's cold. The little heater consumes
  1kW and costs a whole dollar for 8 hours. Andy has ordered
  heat shrink plastic from Amazon. Ben encourages us to discard
  the heater.

21:03

  There are no consensus items so we need no consensus.

21:03

  Meeting closes.

21:06

  Seth comes back with figures on how much heat we get from Club
  Mate and the little heater, against their cost:

    Club Mate @ $4              628kJ
    8 hours of heater @ $1      29MJ