[Noisebridge-discuss] OMGWTF SPYCAMS AT NOISEBRIDGE!!!!

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Wed Dec 16 09:15:23 UTC 2009

We put up a webcam pointed at the windows for instant gratification
when people remotely change the patterns on the holiday lights.

We are aware that people have an expectation of privacy at NB, and
this is just a heads up that if you stand within a few feet of the
front windows your image may be captured and displayed remotely.
There is no audio, and 99% of the space is out of camera range and so
normal activities will not put you in view of the camera.You will
actually have to work a bit to get broadcast (if that is your thing).
If you want to look out the window unobserved, stand to the left of
the leftmost window (facing Mission).

If you have issues with this please contact me off-list and we'll see
what we can do to maintain excellence for everyone.

Note that the camera server is underpowered, may not play well with
FF, and may very well crash, but you can see it here:
http://lights.noisebridge.net:9192/

and control the lights from here:
http://lights.noisebridge.net/

Happy Holidays!