[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame December pillowtalk

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 22:48:22 UTC 2009

Hellloooooo Noisebridge!

The last 5MoF of the year is over.

We tried twisting it this time by turning the event into an interactive
game, and I think everyone really enjoyed it. Maybe we'll play with more
variations on the theme in the coming months.

Had some very fun talks, and a few interesting ones. One can never quite
predict the crazy shit that will happen.

I want to extend particular thanks to Jason Dusek, who designed the "bingo
card generator" we used to play our game. For those who missed it, we had
speaker bingo cards with squares of various traits ("Speaker is wearing a
hat"). Every board was totally randomized, and there were many unique items
scattered around. Jason has released this as open source, and you can
download it from his repository here:
http://github.com/solidsnack/shuffle

Thanks to Sai, who has started uploading slides from every 5mof to
http://www.slideshare.net/5mof. Also, thanks to Eddie and Miloh, who
streamed the event live and videorecorded the talks. You can watch some of
them online at http://www.ustream.tv/discovery/live/all?q=noisebridge.
Finally, thanks to Ani, who managed the slides and created a brilliant intro
video.

But most of all, we must thank the speakers and the audience. As we saw last
night, the crowd has become a jury of our peers, and their verdict has been
overwhelmingly awesome. Without all of you, this event could never happen.

Until next year,
aestetix