[Noisebridge-discuss] Membership, Equipment, Facilities, and HELLO! =D

epsas at evil-wire.org epsas at evil-wire.org
Wed Dec 30 17:10:07 UTC 2009

Hi Gumbolabs,

My name is Charles Paul - formerly of New Orleans, but now residing (most of the time) on Bainbridge Island, WA- just across the Puget Sound from Seattle.  I will be in New Orleans from January to March, and am excited to become involved with this project.

About me, I have been a member of hackerspaces in Seattle, Europe, and (to an extremely limited extent) San Francisco.  My current projects are audio-visual, but I have also dabbled in electronics, unix coding, and RF.

Current pet hobby: Stereographics.
http://evil-wire.org/~epsas/3dProjection.html

A few q's:
Does Gumbolabs have a soldering station with a scope/analyzer?
Are there facilities for holding skillshares or workshops for free/fee?
Does Gumbolabs have equipment/supply needs that need to be fulfilled?
Is there a charter for the organization yet?
Does the "Be excellent to each other" rule apply for GL? :)
Memberships between NoiseBridge and Hackerdojo are reciprocal, meaning that a member of either may use the other's facilities.  Has Gumbolabs floated this idea yet?  (It may be a great way to attract visitors/interaction from other parts of the world)

I'd like to help out in any way that I can.  Currently, I am idling in #noisebridge & #nolainteractive on freenode, and in #gumbolabs on EFNet.

Peace in the middle east,
Charles Paul