[Noisebridge-discuss] EFF talk notes

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Tue Dec 1 22:22:41 UTC 2009

Thanks for everyone for the great questions and talks afterwards (and
also the donations)

Haven't read the notes yet, but a couple of updates and links:

Jennifer mentioned as part of her talk that she was going to be in
court today to attempt to get the laptops seized by police from DJs at
a private party returned. The court ordered the laptops to be
returned: http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/12/side-djs-win-laptops-back
, and EFF will be back to prove that the seizures were illegal.

Another case that was mentioned was Long Haul, which on Monday was
granted the right to sue the police for overstepping the legal
boundaries of the seizure of computer equipment in a shared space:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/30/BA8L1ASP3B.DTL

d.