[Noisebridge-discuss] front door switch fixed

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Dec 2 08:50:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 11:12:27PM -0800, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> The HTTP-based front door system was broken for a few days.  I just
> fixed it.

It actually had 3 distinct failures...

1. The laptop was powered off (I suspect it didn't power back on
automatically after a power cut).  So I turned it on.
2. The laptop's ethernet cable was unplugged because the RJ45 plug is
missing its latch.  So I plugged it in.
3. The wiring connecting the relay to the switch panel had come loose at
the panel end, so I asked Dr J for some help and with his guidance found
a diagram that explained where to connect the loose wires.  After doing
that the system worked correctly.

For future reference, we have one of these:
http://www.pacificelectronicscorp.com/AF1000.jpg

-andy