[Noisebridge-discuss] Knot Tying workshop

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 05:10:25 UTC 2009

They won't be back, I promise.

They came because of Patri Friedman -- they're making a documentary about
him and getting shots of him doing various seasteading sorts of things.
 Jason (the videographer) told me HE was coming to "get a few shots of
Patri"... he didn't say THEY were coming with 3 armloads of gear.

I gave Jason a couple more gentle scoldings about how producers need to
communicate expectations up-front so they don't piss people off.

So anyway, they got what they needed and that was that.  I'd be very
surprised if they wanted any more close-ups of people tying bowline knots.

They did get a bit of footage of the workshop in and of itself -- mostly
Shannon giving his presentation -- and I have promises to get those clips.
 When I get that stuff from Jason I can put it on the Noisebridge youtube
account or something.

--Naomi

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM, David Stainton <dstainton415 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have edited the wiki; Knot Tying workshop is now listed as a recurring
> event.
> This Sunday I'll be learning some more knots from my friend Mark...
> (i have this specific project i'm working on)
> I hope Shannon and Paul will also again be around to teach us various
> knots.
> Perhaps we could split up into smaller groups to work with different
> instructors and on various projects.
> I don't think the camera crew will be back again.
> But then perhaps I was the only one upset by their totally unannounced
> visit.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ~david

Naomi Theora Most