[Noisebridge-discuss] staying warm (was PG&E Bill)

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Dec 7 19:45:56 UTC 2009

Rachel McConnell wrote, On 20091207 133733:
> I will make curtains for the windows if someone can help by poking me
> about it from time to time.  This is a very simple project and will help
> a lot to retain the heat lost out from the glass.  Donations of old
> curtains or cheap heavy fabric would also help.  I don't think we care
> if they match... Frankencurtains FTW!

With some double sided tape we can use a bunch of the plastic wrap from
the shrink wrap setup to actually seal all the windows, which'll work
better then curtains and still allow light in.

As far as all that goes (slightly off topic here) our problem isn't the
windows, it's more of our sky lights more or less being vents for all
the heat to escape. This building wasn't setup to keep hackers warm.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net