[Noisebridge-discuss] donations and tax receipts

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Tue Dec 8 05:26:25 UTC 2009

2009/12/7 noisebridge <noisebridge at saizai.com>:
> Related situation that might come up: if NB is *selling* something and it's sold for more than its fair market value, *then* NB has to make the determination of value. 'cause the FMV part is not tax deductible, anything over it is, and they're calculated slightly differently for NB's taxes. Unlikely to ever matter unless that delta is really big, but just reminded me.

Just realized that might be ambiguous... by 'NB's taxes' I mean tax
*reporting*. Which you still have to do despite not paying anything.

So e.g. if someone "pays" $100 for a tshirt, they could count that as
a donation of $100-(tshirt value), but not $100. Or if they're paying
for entrance to an event, or something like that.

- Sai