[Noisebridge-discuss] Heating without electricity + watt/hour meter

D Z incekt at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:11:14 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Though not a member I wholeheartedly endorse this low-tech, low power-usage, decentralized solution.

Like mom always said, "don't play ball in the house... ball in the house... ball in the house." No, wait, that was the Brady's mom. Mine always said "Why don't you put on a damned sweater before turning on the heater?!"

Heating the 2169 space seems a relatively futile and expensive endeavor. With such high ceilings(?) the amount of air you'd have to heat and (somehow) keep from leaking out would be enormous before it would reach the 8' or below level where people are working.

Good discussion and recommendations all around, though!

-Dave