[Noisebridge-discuss] [POTENTIAL DRAMA] What do people think about GW?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Dec 10 23:31:56 UTC 2009

> I expect it centralizes its information,
> which would be problematic for many if it catches on, but possibly no
> more so than IM systems *IF* Google lets other people implement Wave
> servers.  I haven't done this research at all though.

Yes, Google has said this is open source and you can set up your own
servers. I think they want to make this catch on to replace email across the
board so everyone has their very own.

Like many things right now, it's in a very *very* early stage -- so there's
a lot still being worked out, planned, updated, etc.