[Noisebridge-discuss] Phasor~ is a group for work in Max/MSP/Jitter, PureData, vvvv and others

Vlad Spears spears at 2secondfuse.com
Mon Dec 14 00:48:37 UTC 2009

On Dec 13, 2009, at 8:00 AM, Michael Shiloh wrote:

> Vlad Spears wrote:
>> On Dec 11, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Vlad Spears wrote:
>>> I'd like to announce [Phasor~], a group for those of us working in
>>> data flow programming environments, including:
>>>
>> Wow!  There's been a terrific response so far.  I knew we had
>> patchers, but didn't realize there were almost 20 in the
>> Noisebridge  cosmos.
>> I'll be sending out an email to everyone with more info soon, and
>> will  also be announcing [Phasor~] at our Overlap Salon on Tuesday
>> night.
>> Vlad
>
> very glad to hear this.
> are you interested in opening this up to more people? if so, mind if
> i forward the info to club arduino:
> and to the new media classes i help with at SFSU and CCA?

Yes, please!  It's open to everyone interested and interesting.
Propagate far and wide.

Please mention it is a working group rather than a classroom.  The
main goal is to get people together with their projects and ideas and
make things happen in a conducive environment.  A small group of us
have been meeting for some time now, and it's generally been a huge
boost for productivity.

I do think it will be a great group for people who are learning a data
flow language to work and grow, and I'm sure some of us will be happy
to guide or even go into full-on tutorial mode, but mostly it's an
atmosphere for autodidacts and self-starters, or, as Rubin so
eloquently described it in another thread, "makers and doers".

The wiki page is up at https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Phasor~ so you
can direct people there for more info.

Vlad