[Noisebridge-discuss] grant writing

alexhandy alexhandy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:42:20 UTC 2009

Good points from Andy and Christie both. This is barely a grant, and more like a contest.

I'm sure there will be strings, and there will probably also be a long, winding process, if we were to get the money, around what would be going on with the money. But the way they presented this was that the money just needed to be used to fund the creation of a news-media research project. And the way I was wording this proposal, it would manifest as an Amazon Web Services Hadoop cluster, and some checks written out to developers who contribute to Hadoop and perhaps a new Apache project on top of Hadoop.

Let's talk tomorrow night, Andy.