[Noisebridge-discuss] OMGWTF SPYCAMS AT NOISEBRIDGE!!!!

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Dec 16 09:22:38 UTC 2009

And there's a really fun "direct line" into the control of the lights:

http://lights.noisebridge.net/run_one?delay=1000&seq=0102040810204080

I'll leave it to readers to figure out what does what in all that, but it
should be pretty obvious =)

(Also, it'll be a lot harder to do when y'all are banging on it
simultaneously, so be patient and try poking at it later, which it's less
likely to be in-use by another poker-at.)

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:15 AM, Jonathan Foote <jtfoote at ieee.org> wrote:

> We put up a webcam pointed at the windows for instant gratification
> when people remotely change the patterns on the holiday lights.
>
> We are aware that people have an expectation of privacy at NB, and
> this is just a heads up that if you stand within a few feet of the
> front windows your image may be captured and displayed remotely.
> There is no audio, and 99% of the space is out of camera range and so
> normal activities will not put you in view of the camera.You will
> actually have to work a bit to get broadcast (if that is your thing).
> If you want to look out the window unobserved, stand to the left of
> the leftmost window (facing Mission).
>
> If you have issues with this please contact me off-list and we'll see
> what we can do to maintain excellence for everyone.
>
> Note that the camera server is underpowered, may not play well with
> FF, and may very well crash, but you can see it here:
> http://lights.noisebridge.net:9192/
>
> and control the lights from here:
> http://lights.noisebridge.net/
>
> Happy Holidays!