[Noisebridge-discuss] BART Ad: Jacques Binet

Jesse Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 11:02:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 4:37 AM, Kelly <hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> I couldn't parse the backslash.  I would assume that it had to do with number
> theory, because of Binet.  Or a formula of his maybe.  det(AB) =
> det(A) * det (B) I think?

tq-gj certainly looks like the determinant of a 2x2 matrix.  \ is used
in MATLAB for matrix division e.g. Z\Y is Z-inverse times Y, although
I have no idea if M. Binet would be familiar with such notation.
(Someday I hope to go back in time and car-bomb the manager
responsible for introducing \ as a path separator in DOS,
simultaneously maiming whoever shipped Comic Sans for use outside MS
Chat.)