[Noisebridge-discuss] Duplicating another area of the screen in osx?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Tue Dec 22 06:58:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Rich Gibson <rich.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:
> OTOH, it 'just works,' and discarding a solution which 'just works' because
> in your words you 'might' want to do something may not be your fastest route
> to success :-)

Heh, fair. :-P If it were for my use on the fly, then "just works"
would be plenty good enough.

'Might' was understatement though; sorry if that was misleading. E.g.
it'll be useful to have vocab list in an easy table on the right,
phonetic inventory at the top, etc. I don't really have the time
during my talk to waste any on something being hard to read or parse.
:-/

I think what I have is a decent enough solution, though it requires
dealing with Redmondware, and I prefer using NeoOffice (= OpenOffice
port for mac). It's definitely less kludgy than my original thought of
using some sort of a screen replicator. Only improvement would be some
workaround for the NO java/spaces bug.

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions!

- Sai