[Noisebridge-discuss] Bicycle Mx Rack for 2169

dpc weasel at meer.net
Thu Dec 24 00:02:53 UTC 2009

Ozzy Satori <ozzymandi at gmail.com> writes:

> Suggestions were made last night that it might be less expensive and
> more ideologically sound to just buy an adjustable tube-clamp and
> build our own height-adjustable mount.

true. for 'real' workstands one doesn't clamp the frame but the seatpost
(to avoid denting the frame tubes which are thinner walled than the
seatposts). the handle i mentioned before allows one to adjust the
clamping force etc so you don't ever overclamp.

really all you need is some two pieces of rope hanging down from the
ceiling and some clips to loop it around the frame. it really depends on
how much work you're going to be doing. simple repairs can be done by
draping the saddle over the back of your neck for free. it is only when
you're trying to do something over and over that you care about easy
access that a workstand gives you.

\p
---
Smoke weed, drink massive amounts of alcohol - then ride your single
speed. That's the future of mountain biking. - John Parker