[Noisebridge-discuss] "Wikileaks is overloaded by global interest"

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 02:51:33 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>
> If you're going to be at the Chaos Communications Congress, we'll be
> able to talk this over with Wikileaks directly.
>
> Noisebridge has the ability to mirror documents easily. We also have a
> lot of smart brains around to hack on software. Wikileaks is serious
> about not having to worry about getting a visit or having the machines
> exploited. Some of the best hackers in the world helped to build their
> infrastructure.
>
> I'd like to openly and positively support Wikileaks. The EFF does it,
> why shouldn't we? A few wikileaks people used to hang out on our IRC
> channel before it was so worthless; perhaps we'd encourage a return if
> we did something good as a group?
>
> Best,
> Jake

Those were exactly my thoughts on the issue.  Now would be a fantastic time
to make this call, with the upcoming congress.  It'd be really cool if
Noisebridge, as a group could present this kind of offer to them there.

Christie
_______
Getting to the bottom of the hill is convenient. The view from the top of
the hill is stunning. Where would you choose to live?