[Noisebridge-discuss] [PYCLASS] Mon Feb 2 6:30 PM: Chapter 12

Asheesh Laroia noisebridge at asheesh.org
Mon Feb 2 19:40:50 UTC 2009

(Thanks to the newcomers last week; it's great to have new people around!)

WHERE: Noisebridge (83C Weise St, near 16th & Mission BART)
<http://noisebridge.net>
WHEN:  Mon Feb 2 6:30 PM
WHAT:  Community Python learning session: Chapter 12

TEXTBOOK INFO: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/thinkpython.html
TEXTBOOK CHAP: http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/book013.html

This week, we look at tuples. We also learn about a classic Python idiom,
Decorate-Sort-Undecorate (and in class I will show you the super-new way to
write that even faster).

IF YOU ARE NEW

Remember that the point of the class is to help you answer questions you have.
To that end, *read Chapter 12* so that you can make sense of the general class
discussion.

In addition, work forward in the text starting with chapter 1. I *urge* you to
send me your exercises for any chapters; I can provide good feedback. Focus on
the exercises for Chapter 11 so that we can have a coherent conversation in
class, and feel free to ask me questions about earlier material.

WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

A bunch of SF-LUG people have been learning an introduction to
programming, and I've been facilitating.  My expectation is to have a fun
conversation with people who have mostly read the chapter, and some of
whom (hopefully all!) have done the chapter's exercises.

WHAT'S THE LOCATION?

Noisebridge is a "hacker space" where people gather to discuss technology
and art or build things.  It's a member-supported non-profit, and I think
you'll think it's pretty cool.  Read https://www.noisebridge.net/.

KEEP TALKING

I invite you to email me your answers to the exercises, or to discuss on the
sf-lug list (since that's where this all started).

See some of you there!

-- Asheesh.

--
You single-handedly fought your way into this hopeless mess.