[Noisebridge-discuss] Macbook power supply left at Noisebridge, Thanks for the electrophoresis demo. Battery storage bin in electronics lab.

Michael Kan Kan michaelkan_kan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 21:19:29 UTC 2009

 Tim,

 There is indeed a white Mac notebook power supply left on the bench last
night. I had placed a label with the name " Tim " on it so as to make others aware that it belongs to you as others have the same model computer.

 Thanks for the electrophoresis demo.

 Some people were concerned about having that heavy water bottle up and
so close to the edge of the shelve it falling over in an event of an
earthquake that it was placed down in the DYI BIO cabinet below the
counter below that shelf.

 I think that most of the heavy 50 ma current drain was cause by the
electrical path that bypasses around the space around the tubes.

 It would be more efficient to have a sheet of plastic which has holes
for the tubes to block the bulk current from draining the batteries
( ( 4 ) 9 volt batteries ) ( Could not get to the power supply because
it was in use or there were lots of people in the way.

 It was a most exciting and busy evening with 6 or more group activities.

 Noticed that the 9 volt batteries did not have protective caps over
their terminals and are in danger of contacting other batteries in the bin.
 Will have to get some tape to place over the terminals.

 Take care

 Mike Kan