[Noisebridge-discuss] room available in maker/hacker friendly SF warehouse

William Francis wfrancis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:29:53 UTC 2009

actually, an ex-soap factory so unlike most warehouses we actually have
windows in some of the rooms.

nearly 4000 sq ft shared by some really neat people is looking for
another to join our space in potrero hill.

We would greatly prefer that the person who uses this space NOT live
here.  We would entertain more than one person sharing the space(s),
however.

The room was originally set up to be a small sound studio and is mostly
double walled and sort of sound insulated. You can rock out in there
pretty hard and won't be heard by us.  The guy who just left took with
him his in-room sound baffling, though, so it's empty for your
imagination.  It also has above it a crawl area that covers the whole
size of the room for a significant amount of storage.

There is also a large common area you would have access to that can seat
about 50 people (we have chairs for just this purpose). So you could
practice with your band in the room and then rock out for performances.
Our neighbors are businesses so noise level is not really an issue as
long as notice is given to other housemates.

We also have a small shop area with lots of tools, including a small 4
axis CNC mill that's being set up.  Drill press and lots of other tools
available and I might purchase a small lathe before too long.  The shop
area hasn't been used much lately and might need some buildout to suit
your needs (like if you make a lot of dust) but it's there.

your housemates would include:

A Kinetic Steam Works member, photographer and Digg employee (me)
Two break dance instructors
an aerialist/circus arts performer
an actress/improvisational type
a DJ/large art builder and director of a forth coming video game from a
major vendor

Again, we would prefer to rent the room to someone who would use it as
band/recording/performance/shop, etc space so we would welcome groups of
people here at times who share the room and space.  However, if you are
looking for a place to live like this we would like to talk to you, too!

Rent is around $800 which includes all utilities(!). Maid and DSL
another $35/mo

If interested, please contact me!  Please feel free to forward to
potentially interested people/groups

Will