[Noisebridge-discuss] Carpeting

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Feb 27 08:04:37 UTC 2009

I failed to mention, new carpeting! Don't get overly excited, I am not
talking about the mezzanine.

In a fit of rage yesterday I threw the nasty stained entry way rug
that would get caught on the door every time I would come by, the
woven thing under the main table and the rolled up rug in the bike
rack area (that was still just as damp as it was when it first came
into the space and was growing a bit of mold under it). The woven
thing under the main table had soooo much broken off bits and dust
under it that when we swept it up the pile was about 2 - 3 inches high.

Anyhow, after poking Andy to see if he wanted to throw some funds into
this, Ayer (hope I spelled that right) and I went to Discount Builders
and purchased some commercial grade carpeting for both the entryway
and under the main table. The new carpet doesn't catch on the door or
on rolly chairs. They're also not completely disgusting.

The carpets from Discount Builders are sold by the foot (length) with
a width of either 3' ($2.99/ft) or 6' ($3.99/ft) and come in a number
of different colors. The textures are all the same, short and easy to
clean with a rubber bottom. Both Andy and I were slightly floored (pun
intended) by the low cost of these.

In the future I would highly recommend that we pass up on anymore
donations of non-decorative rugs and carpets since it's so much easier
to purchase some cut to fit, and less of a hassle later on when we're
trying to figure out where the funky smell is coming from.

--
Rubin Abdi
Rubin at Starset.net