[Noisebridge-discuss] Network @ the space

Joe LaPenna jlapenna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:15:24 UTC 2009

Thanks to everyone who has invested time in setting up out network! I'm
pleased with the way things are headed.

On Feb 26, 2009 9:51 PM, "Rubin Abdi" <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

On 2009 Feb 26, at 200018, Matt Peterson wrote: > >  A bunch of other
clean-up work has occurred too...
Most of the old painted over and fucked with cabling on the first and second
floor has been pulled. There's still a bundle of cables that run behind the
kitchen counters, of which I'm not too sure where they go.

There is now a (noisy) switch in the 2nd floor closet. The PoE injector for
the AP has been moved up there, I had to move the PoE to a different
location to make the cable I had on hand to reach.

Currently the drops are 2 ports on the hack shelf wall, 2 ports to the left
of the bike racks, and the patch panel in the second floor closet.

> P.S. I'm not responsible for the /hanging fruit/ ole power & ethernet to
the center tables - eve...
I'm responsible for The Arm of Doacracy . It drops power and a single cat5
onto the table. We've setup a 5 port switch there and I cleaned up (zip tied
the fuck out of) the power strips on the table itself.

The reasoning behind it is that the power cord on the ground was a bit of a
trip hazard, as was the random ethernet that people would pull on occasion
to run whatever projects with (then not bother retracting the cable before
leaving), and also there are a number of people (such as myself) whom would
much rather have a direct connection to network services and not deal with
802.11.

If you have any questions or concerns about The Arm of Doacracy, please
discuss them with me in person, thanks.

Also apologies to those that were around last night wile we started
unplugging things. I'll try to give a better warning that the wifi is going
down then 10 seconds before it does.

--
Rubin Abdi
Rubin at Starset.net