[Noisebridge-discuss] CQ CQ CQ de KA6RCQ

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Fri Feb 13 21:30:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:39:24PM -0800, Mitch Altman wrote:

> Starting a Noisebridge ham class might generate a bunch of interest

I'd definitely be interested in coming; I've had the first Radio Shack
licensing book kicking around for a few years now, but still haven't
gotten into it.

Relevant tangent: the first thing I built at noisebridge was an
arduino sketch that decodes Morse code to ASCII and stuffs it into a
buffer.  It then looks for a password match in there, and drives a
digital output when it finds .

The relevance: I have a good starting point on an arduino-based morse
trainer, if anyone would be interested in collaborating.  My morse is
awful, and I don't really know how fast to make dits/dahs, etc.
Having someone who is fluent in morse and knows what they'd want in a
trainer would be really helpful.  Any of the hams interested?
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com