[Noisebridge-discuss] CQ CQ CQ de KA6RCQ

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 21:35:00 UTC 2009

I had a summer job when I was in school making ham radio antennas.
(MOR-GAIN - they're probably long out of business, as they declared
bankruptcy at the end of that summer.) I always thought about picking it up,
but the relevance seemed kind of low.  I think with the stuff Mitch brings
up, it sounds more worthwhile these days.

Christie

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Josh Myer <josh at joshisanerd.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:39:24PM -0800, Mitch Altman wrote:
>
> > Starting a Noisebridge ham class might generate a bunch of interest
>
> I'd definitely be interested in coming; I've had the first Radio Shack
> licensing book kicking around for a few years now, but still haven't
> gotten into it.
>
> Relevant tangent: the first thing I built at noisebridge was an
> arduino sketch that decodes Morse code to ASCII and stuffs it into a
> buffer.  It then looks for a password match in there, and drives a
> digital output when it finds .
>
> The relevance: I have a good starting point on an arduino-based morse
> trainer, if anyone would be interested in collaborating.  My morse is
> awful, and I don't really know how fast to make dits/dahs, etc.
> Having someone who is fluent in morse and knows what they'd want in a
> trainer would be really helpful.  Any of the hams interested?
> --
> Josh Myer   650.248.3796
>  josh at joshisanerd.com

Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.
~ Mohandas K. (Mahatma) Gandhi

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what
they do not want to hear.
~ George Orwell

Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche