[Noisebridge-discuss] Morse code learning software

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Feb 14 04:45:06 UTC 2009

Encapsulated within <4995F5EA.2000401 at gmail.com> on Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 02:36:26PM -0800, Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Al Sweigart <asweigart at gmail.com>
> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Morse code learning software
>
> Does anyone know of any good (and free) software to learn Morse code
> with? The only ones I've found on the web are pretty awful.

Circa 2006 when I was last looking, it was all pretty ick.

I had luck using an online QSO generator that would spit out from PCM WAVs that I transcoded into MP3 and dropped in my pocket for the morning BART/muni ride.
The metal-on-metal track squealing and general extra noise actually helped out later when I would turn the volume down a little so that I could practice transcribing under contest conditions. :)

CW, wonderful mode that.

--j