[Noisebridge-discuss] iPhones and speakers (RF help please)

Jeff Keyzer jeff at mightyohm.com
Mon Feb 16 23:25:20 UTC 2009

Rick,

You can use ferrites to try to stop the interference, but in my
experience it can be really tricky to completely get rid of it.  GSM
noise is really hard to eliminate.  But it's worth a shot.

HSC in Sunnyvale has a huge variety of ferrites to choose from.
Better yet, find some old cables you don't need any more that have
ferrites on them (those big lumps at the ends of the cables) and cut
them off for reuse.  Loop the wires around the ferrite a few times and
see if it makes a difference.  There are also clamp on style ferrites
that are easier to use and will work on cables with fat connectors on
the ends.  Old USB cables and modem cables usually have ferrites.
Some old AC cords for PCs have them too.

Jeff Keyzer
jeff at mightyohm.com