[Noisebridge-discuss] electro-phoresis kit idea

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Fri Feb 20 23:11:35 UTC 2009

William Heath wrote:
> to do what we did costs 300.00!  I have a very weird question, if people
> wanted to purchase kits to either make their own or pre-assembled gel
> electro-phoresis box would anyone be opposed to using noisebridge to
> make them and sell them?  How much of the profit would/should go to
> noisebridge or should profit be made at all?  I humbly beg of you not to
> shutdown such entrepreneurial ideas as they are beneficial to all and a
> major benefit of/for noisebridge in general.

William, if you think NB should do this, by all means continue
proselytizing :)  The membership will have to decide to do it, or not,
by consensus, as selling kits is something that affects Noisebridge as a
whole.  Put an agenda item up for the next meeting (or whatever meeting
works for you) and get the discussion going.  Remember that Noisebridge
is a nonprofit corporation, which puts us under certain legal
restrictions in regard to selling things.

If people decide not to do this, or if you want to get started in less
time than a consensus decision would need (they do take some time),
there is no restriction on the use of the facility by members for
product development, or in fact for any legal purpose, as long as it
doesn't get in the way of others' use of the place.  Just remember to
"Be excellent to each other".

Rachel