[Noisebridge-discuss] Dorkbot tonight

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 01:52:24 UTC 2009

To be accurate, it's "People doing interesting things with electricity."  We
don't want to leave out the folks that eschew solid state!

I do find it interesting, however, that 2 of the speakers tonight also gave
5 minutes of fame talks this month.  Are we trendsetters or what?

Christie

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  In case anyone's interested, and didn't know, Dorkbot is tonight.  If
> you've never been, you might like checking it out sometime.  It's a very
> warm and open gathering of geeks and nerds and dorks of all sorts.
> Socializing followed by talks, followed by people filtering out.  "People
> doing interesting things with electronics" is the Dorkbot tagline.
>

> I'm giving a talk tonight on TV-B-Gone, along with the usual rant or two.
> It'll be somewhat like the talk I gave at Noisebridge for Five Minutes of
> Fame last Thursday.  So, if you missed that, and (for whatever reason) want
> to see most of it embedded in another talk, come on by!
>

> It's at ParaSoMa tonight at 7:30pm.
> 1436 Howard, between 10th St. & 11th St.
>

> Mitch.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.
~ Mohandas K. (Mahatma) Gandhi

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what
they do not want to hear.
~ George Orwell

Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves.
~ Friedrich Nietzsche