[Noisebridge-discuss] big led screen

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Feb 26 21:38:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 01:23:42PM -0800, Josh Myer wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no guarantee that there are
> backups* of pony.  It's also not available to the internet at large,
> right?

Correct, no guarantee of backups on pony.  There may be backups, but no
guarantee.  However, with a DVCS, every developer has a complete copy of
the repo!  So, a potentially-crashy host is perfectly fine.

We have an IP allocated from Speakeasy that can be NATted to Pony, and
that will probably happen "RSN".

> With that in mind, I'd suggest sourceforge (old, slightly crappy in my
> experience, but popular), or github (new, slightly crappy from what I
> hear, and becoming popular).

Blah, hosted services.  Anybody feel like setting up a virtual server
and hosting code.noisebridge.net?  We're happy to CNAME subdomains of
noisebridge.net for projects to machines maintained by noisebridge
members.  (We don't want to centralize additional services on
m1.noisebridge.net which hosts the wiki and Mailman; defense in depth is
better in case of compromise.)

-andy