[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Watchmen on IMAX. I know... popular media

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 22:43:00 UTC 2009

The question has been raised (in IRC, of course) as to why I picked Saturday
instead of Friday when it opens?  Mostly it's because of organizational
concerns.  I can't be sure I can make it home from Concord by 7 if there's
traffic.  Also, people who might want to come up from south
bay/peninsula/etc might be stretched to make it as well.

Another concern I had is that they'd sell out while we were still getting
organized.  That would be bad if we had to split up.

Now, as to conflict with the serpent mother event?  I plan to go after the
show.  Although I'm a bit concerned about this looking at how long the movie
runs.  (2:33)  Would making it out by 10PM be cool with folks?  The event
runs all night.

The alternative is we could catch the matinee at 2:30, get some dinner then
head out there.  I currently have a ticket for the 7PM show, but I could
change that at the box office probably in the next day or two.

Oh, and I'm happy to load up my van with people who do the public transit
thing to get to Treasure Island.  If you want a ride, be sure to let me know
in advance, though, because I probably should put some seats in it.

Christie