[Noisebridge-discuss] People working on circuits had trouble reading resister color codes which the lamp solved

Michael Kan Kan michaelkan_kan at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 23:41:54 UTC 2009

Several people, Daniela, Martin were having some troubles reading especially
violet and brown looks the same under the room light.
 This problem will be solved wen the electronics area is reestablished
upstairs and there will be plenty of mounts for good lamps and magnifying
lenses.

 So than thanks for letting me to use the pay-phone case as a lamp stand
for the clip lamp to those who needed it at the time.

 On another subject, What should be allowed on the share/ hack shelves?

 Daniela brought some exotic medical acoustic probes and console from
Peru. These things have the strange 220 volt plugs.

 The real problem is that they are really unique and highly specialized devices
and any hack that is discovered cannot be easily be copied onto a
common consumer or combination of consumer devices.

 I bring this concern because we are rapidly running out of space
for more stuff.

 Jeni, The hired one who cleans the space gives me earfuls of talk of
various environmental fact about the cleaning efforts and procedures.
 She has too many health and ecology concerns without how to analyze
the dust samples from the space. She pointed out the website
safer-products.org and looked for dust analysis and found that it
use a really neat cool weird $20,000 or more Gas Chromatograph /
Mass Spectrometer. I then asked her why she has not already purchased
one with her own pocket change.
 Think that we should do test lab hacks.

 Can see that the washer- dryer combo would best fit where the darkroom
is currently located. I do not see where so many large scale private
non shared project spaces would go.

 So it will be a battle between the washer-dryer combo and Bio lab
and perhaps the photo lab.

 Ether that or we should have an even bigger space or construct a deck
to extend the mezz to become a whole second floor.

 I will not be able to attend this coming tuesday meeting because
of a bi-monthly SF Microscopical meeting up at the JD Randell up at
Corona heights above the Castro.

 Mike Kan