[Noisebridge-discuss] "high tech" auction

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:47:22 UTC 2009

Upon my return from 7 weeks of travel, there was a huge, and I mean HUGE! pile of mail awaiting me.  I went through it today, and there was a little postcard announcing an auction from a "high tech" company that went bankrupt.  All of their stuff is being auctioned off, along with all of their inventory of products (such as webcams, bluetooth headsets, USB hubs, and, of course, iPod cases, etc.), there's a forklift, and, what makes me think I might want to check it out, chairs.

I don't know, however, if the chairs are suitable for Noisebridge or not.  But it may be worth a check.

Thing is, its out in Livermore.  And since the auction is from 9am to 11am, via mass transit, that means catching the BART at 6:15am from 24th St. to Dublin/Pleasanton, transfering to the LAVT 20X bus and arriving at a place which is a 10-minute walk from Ezonics at 8:06am.  That's the last bus till they start up for the afternoon commute, which leaves at 3:25pm to go back to Dublin/Pleasanton BART.  I'm sure that Pleasanton is a very pleasant place, otherwise why would they name it that?  But I'm not sure I'll actually make it up in time to put myself through all this.  But if I do, anyone want me to try and bid on anything for them?

Here's the info on the auction from the auctioneer's site:
http://www.richwasser.com/auctions/upcoming-auctions/27-high-tech-consumer-products-jan-27-2009.html

And all the products that Ezonics sold, and are up for bid (probably in large lots):
http://www.shopezonics.com/category_s/8.htm

Mitch.