[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting Notes 9 December 2008

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 20 08:24:49 UTC 2009

As always, if anyone sees things that are wrong, misleading, mistaken,
etc. please let me know via e-mail or on the list. I will wikify once
there's been time for corrections.

0) Telephone
* VoIP works but needs service
* Install outside building?
* Talk to Andy, Steen to help
* Make calls only to Central America?
* Make calls only to hacker spaces?
* Acquire teletype for hacker space teletype network?

1) XO Laptop Repair
* Steve needs repair of XO-1 laptop
* John M. says SF State now has a repair clinic for OLPC XO-1

2) Stickers
* Should we make more stickers before CCC?
* Estimated cost: $150 for 1K stickers
* Consensus: yes, make stickers
* Later we should do patches!

3) Projects
* Should have wiki page for ongoing projects
* Category: projects
* Ambient Activity Mutating Space
** eavesdrop on conversations, distill Google searches
* Bicycle Lighting
* RepRap
** full set of PCB control boards done
** one stepper motor done, need two more
** Andy has a job!
** soldered components at last soldering workshop
* Monday night circuit hacking
** Come by to learn soldering, do simple projects

4) Names

Joe LaPenna not present
Jeffrey Malone present "ieatlint" 4th meeting!

Discussion whether Jeffrey should leave while we take consensus on
whether to admit as a member. Eventually we decide to do so, by asking
Jeffrey to go on a beer run. Jeffrey leaves, no objections raised to
having him as a member. Jeffrey returns with Prohibition beer,
congratulated, asked to pay dues!

Matthew Borgatti not present, was here earlier today
Al Sweigart not present
Ian (verbal) present
Vlad present
Jean Rintoul not present