[Noisebridge-discuss] 8 o'clock introduction chime!

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 03:35:44 UTC 2009

I propose adding a small program to the computer that is hooked up to
the jukebox's speaker. At 8 o'clock, we play a recorded message that
says something like, "This is the 8 o'clock introduction chime. If there
are any members in the space whose name you don't know, introduce
yourself now."

This was just an idea to encourage people to know each other's names and
prevent people from only talking with the people they already knew. I
can take the lead on implementing this. I just wanted to know if anyone
thought this idea would be silly or annoying.

-Al