[Noisebridge-discuss] Machine Learning Wednesdays!

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Jan 6 22:59:26 UTC 2009

(Ian beat me to the announcement/reminder by a day)

Reminder: Tomorrow night, 8PM, at 83c, the first Wednesday Night
Machine Learning meetup will happen!

I'll give a quick presentation on the current state of my "ML for
Outsiders" project, which aims to give non-ML people guidance and
tools to use machine learning solutions.  This becomes a very concrete
intro to specific bits of ML; I'm hoping others (Ian?) can pick up the
more abstract intro to ML slack.

Ian, would you like to do a presentation on the 14th?  Let's
coordinate off-list on what you want to present after seeing what I've
got slated for tomorrow.  (Short version: I think another introduction
would be great)

Also, any volunteers to present on January 21st or 28th?  If not, I'll
fill in by repeating my concrete ML presentation.  Over and over, if
need be!

One of those two days could be the first theoretical group, as well.
Does anyone have a suggested first paper for a reaading group?

Looking forward to seeing folks tomorrow night!
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com