[Noisebridge-discuss] Varathane Alert! (re upstairs workbench surfaces)

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Sun Jan 11 15:54:50 UTC 2009

I believe that makes 5.

I will be in this afternoon about one, at which time I'll be putting another
coat on the medium piece -- should be the final coat! -- and then I'll be
putting it together with its frame upstairs.

On Friday Josh and I and Michael put two of the tables upstairs in their
places; I cut a notch in the small table to fit around the conduit, only to
discover that the rear table leg entirely obscures the outlet box as
placed.  Is it possible to raise that outlet to above the level of the table
top?  It seems like having outlets where you're working on things is
desirable.

Next steps after this include getting shelves installed above the medium and
small tables, and getting more drawers.  I have been thinking in terms of
using some of our massive surplus of steel shelving in combination with some
large-ish brackets, but I worry that that might be unbearably cheesy, and I
may just go get some plywood cut into 18" strips of the appropriate length.
Which means more sanding and polyeurethaning.

--S

--S

--
Shannon Lee