[Noisebridge-discuss] Storing a server, outside?

ian ian at sonic.net
Fri Jan 16 00:33:34 UTC 2009

> I have access to a power drop
> in the kitchen that runs off of a separate breaker, and I've already got
> ethernet running to that side of the house.

Have you considered acquiring a sound-insulating box or cabinet, and
just keeping the machine in your kitchen?  I've used some low-noise
cabinets that were designed for computers as audio equipment, and they
were quite nice.  Somewhat expensive, but once again, you can look at
how they're built and make your own pretty easily.

There's a whole website about this sort of thing: http://www.silentpcreview.com/

-Ian