[Noisebridge-discuss] Graffiti at 83c

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jan 22 20:19:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:12:03PM -0800, Mark Cohen wrote:
> There is a building around the corner from where I live that gets
> tagged ALL the time.. The city comes by and posts a notice that the
> landlord has a specific amount of time to fix or get fined.
>
> Then at some point it appears that the city paint truck comes by and
> paints the building a nasty neutral color..

There's a vacant building across 15th from the end of Wiese that gets
some really nice art written up occasionally (in addition to the
illiterate inartistic scrawls that adorn every flat surface in the
mission).  I watched the city paint truck paint it all over the other
week.  The color is neutral and unappetizing, but it does make a nice
canvas for the aspiring urban "artist".

-andy