[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking for interest in a Surface Mount roundtable/class...

Jeff Keyzer jeff at mightyohm.com
Fri Jan 23 01:29:43 UTC 2009

I just pimped out my SMT setup.  Probably overkill for simple projects
but really helpful for doing any serious work:

http://mightyohm.com/blog/2009/01/diy-pid-controlled-soldering-hotplate/
http://mightyohm.com/blog/2009/01/new-stereo-zoom-microscope/

I have a lot of experience using the hotplate method, none with a
toaster oven.  IMHO the hotplate is better for doing small builds.  I
have seen people using electric skillets, that is probably the cheap
hotplate substitute.

Jeff Keyzer
jeff at mightyohm.com