[Noisebridge-discuss] Mercury vapor analyzer rental

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Jul 1 04:38:35 UTC 2009

Looks like I just got myself nominated to coordinate this.

So: per info I found online, it should cost around $150 to rent an
actual mercury vapor analyzer for a day. This should give us the
ability to test for sure to see whether the space is within acceptable
levels now, especially considering that we do not know where it came
from (and thus don't know whether we captured all of it).

Depending on how it works and mercury vapor dispersal patterns (which
I don't know - chemists in the audience?), this should also mean that
if there's any left, we can track it down.

If you would like to chip in towards this, please add to the ziploc
baggy in the kitchen cabinet (next to the drink money can) labeled
"money for Hg analysis". Currently it has $70.

Those of you with google-fu: please figure out & tell me what 3rd
party companies around here do professional hazmat cleanup, so I can
contact them for a quote to finish the job. I was unable to find
something that seemed appropriate.

Thanks,
 Sai