[Noisebridge-discuss] Track my progress biking to Toor.

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Jul 1 14:40:09 UTC 2009

I was biking with two others, Ken and Mitchel.

Yesterday we took the summit pass, which is an assent from 1000ft to
3000ft along a portion of the I-90 highway, riding on the shoulder,
while semis and other large cars would wizz past us. It took us a good
1-2hours to get to the top of the thing, and lots of focus. At the top
we had sat down and had lunch. Once we got back onto our bikes I noticed
some weirdness in my right heel.

There's a river between Seattle and the missile silo, the bridge over
this river doesn't have enough of a shoulder for us to pass on bikes.
After descending the mountain we called up a truck that was planning to
head to Toor that day. When the truck arrived we hopped on and got over
the river. Once at the first town I jumped off and noticed that my heel
was pretty fucked. I unfortunately did the sane thing and opted to get a
ride all the way to Toor, leaving my two travel partners behind to camp.

I'll be posting photos and stories from my trek soon enough. For the
moment you can check out these two photos I took last night...

http://rubin.starset.net/photoalbum/album/72157620814657242/20090630-toorcamp.html

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net