[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Complimentary GIAC Forensics Certification w/ SANS @Home beginning July 14

Jeff Younker jeff at drinktomi.com
Wed Jul 1 06:52:31 UTC 2009

On Jun 25, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Rodney Thayer wrote:

> SANS is one of these training shops that declared itself an institute
> long ago.  Some incredibly good people have given and have received
> training at SANS.  And they've got some lame bland generic crap
> given by
> noname instructors too.  They've got that whole "buy our
> certification"

I can't speak for them now, but when I took my introduction to network
programming class it was taught by Richard Stevens.  If anybody can
figure out who make functional zombies then I'd love to take that
class again. I've never taken a class other than at their conferences,
and that was a decade ago, so I can't say anything for their quality.

I can say that I met an awesome drinking crew there, and when the
conferences started to stagnate (same shit, different year), we moved
our drinking to LISA.

- Jeff Younker - jeff at drinktomi.com -